Link & Review Research

Questo è un motore Google per la ricerca di recensioni e link, copia e incolla autore e titolo

This engine is a Google search for reviews and links, copy and paste title and author

Ricerca personalizzata

lunedì 31 ottobre 2011

Faces On Film - Some Weather

 Some Weather

November 2nd I will be sitting on someone’s couch, somewhere in San Diego, for the first time in months. Where it all began. It’s going to feel like the beginning, it’s going to feel like home. November 2nd is also the release date for the latest record from Faces on Film called ‘Some Weather’. Faces on Film have been accidentally immortalized on this blog, because their song lyrics are the namesake of it. When I launched this blog last summer (really? feels like forever ago) I was thinking up names right around the time I discovered a record called ‘The Troubles’ and a few days later went to a show at the Horseshoe and it was like, ‘I got it!’. So I will always share a certain kinship to this band, and I’m so glad it’s them and no other music I might have picked on a whim. Their lyrics read like poetry, and Mike Fiore’s voice is something of a great comfort to me. I will never forget last summer, and how it felt to drive around with my best friend Andrea dreaming up things that wouldn’t happen, thinking very hopeful that they would, speaking with real words about real things.
If you haven’t heard their record ‘The Troubles’ please do that, it’ll only serve you as required listening for their beautiful new record ‘Some Weather’. The Troubles felt more anxious, darker. But ‘Some Weather’ lays on it’s back, breathes deep. In ‘A Hunderd On the Hill’ he sings, “and I know that the wishes hidden in her lungs/Are the same ones people speak/So she comes down slow/And I give her my eyes and teeth” and I’m just imagining the gravity of this moment, and what this could mean. The comfort of an equally frightened boy from the valley to the hill of where she is. One of my favorite tracks is called ‘Under Newry’, it brings me back to ‘Indicator, Indicator’- the minimalism. It’s a love song not required to take you further than a minute and a half, it’s abrupt like the lyrics, a few lines, “and you tell me not to leave, under you, again, Newry Newry”. I’m really excited to just sit with this record for a while and extract some feeling from it, in a very full-circle kind of way.

Tracklist
01. Knor In The Vine
02. Moon’s Row
03. Harlem Roses
04. The Great Move North
05. Make Nice
06. Under Newry
07. A Hundred On The Hill
08. Bride
09. Fire And Fume
10. Garrison

http://www.myspace.com/facesonfilm

Nessun commento:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...